Southern United Hockey Club Women’s section are seeking expressions of interest for the 2020 HV Game Clothing Competition in the following positions:
- Premier League Assistant Coach(s), and
- Premier League Reserves Head Coach
- Pennant A Head coach
The 2019 season proved to be another successful one for our PL and PLR reserves teams; both making their way through the finals series (PL losing in a close Prelim final and PLR in a close semifinal), And our Pennant A team newly promoted having won the Pennant B premiership this season.
PL Assistant Coach(s)
We are seeking highly motivated coaches who have a passion in driving successful young talent, have a clear direction and confidence to communicate effectively and efficiently and can support the enthusiasm and positive direction lead by our head coach Matt L’Huillier. The successful candidate(s) will be required to play a big part in the delivery of specific training drills, and play a defined role on match day. Proven experience highly desirable.
PLR and Pennant A Head Coach (2 separate roles)
We are seeing 2 head coaches to lead our 2nd and 3rd teams respectively. The successful candidate will be a coach with demonstrated experience in managing both younger and senior players as well as equal knowledge of the modern game and fundamental basics. Our PLR coach will work closely with our PL Head coach in closing the gap between the PL and PLR teams, ensuing appropriate players get the right amount of game time at the top level. The PA and PLR coaches will also work to ensure those ready are striving for the PLR team when the time is right.
The following key skills are essential for all roles:
- Excellent and Effective Communication
- Ability mentor both senior and junior players playing seniors
- Confidence to deliver feedback to a group and 1:1 players
- Be abreast of the modern hockey game
- Display passion and enthusiasm for success
- Clear direction for game play and structure
Successful candidates would be required to support the club at a minimum throughout the regular season and finals series; including attendance at training, selection meetings and performance counseling. They will be able to build professional relationships with the players, maintain open dialogue with the wider coaching group/ committee representatives and support the transition of juniors playing in our top senior competitions.
Interested candidates should submit an application to the coaching selection panel addressing the following items:
- An outline of your experience and qualification levels
- Basic outline of coaching strategy and focal area’s
- Detailed player communication strategy (on and off field)
- Information on what can you bring to SUHC and where you want to go with your coaching career
Written applications to be emailed to Women’s Section Leader – firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest close 15th November, 2020