What is a welcoming and inclusive club?
A welcoming and inclusive club is a club where everyone is made to feel welcome, regardless of their ability, background or personal attributes. A welcoming and inclusive sporting club is a safe and friendly place which is free of harassment and discrimination.
Why should your club become an inclusive club?
Being seen as a welcoming and inclusive organisation promotes your club in a positive light and makes it more appealing to potential participants, volunteers, sponsors and other supporters.
What are the potential benefits of being an inclusive club?
– Help attract and retain members and volunteers to the club
– Financial benefits
– A greater awareness of your club and its achievements within the local community.
– Greater pool of volunteers
– A welcoming club environment with no one feeling unwanted or discriminated against.
– Increased skills and abilities within the club.
– Improved image within the community
– An ability to make a positive contribution to the overall health and well-being of the community.
– Greater recognition with councils, media and possible sponsors.
– A more diverse membership
– Enables more people to be involved in Hockey.
For more information on inclusive clubs, please contact Micheala Cook – Inclusion Manager email@example.com
Hockey Victoria has taken the initiative of creating signs to remind every one of the reason in which we play hockey and a reminder of the code of behaviour that all players, parents, coaches, officials and spectators agree too.
If your club would like a copy of this poster please contact Michaela Cook firstname.lastname@example.org