Essendon Hockey is seeking applications for the position of Women’s Premier League Reserves Coach 2020.
Our WPLR team has seen some incredible successes over the past few years; placing in the top four for the past 5 seasons, and taking home the Minor and Major Premierships in 2018. We are looking for someone to take on the challenge of maintaining the team’s strength as a core part of our club’s development.
We prioritise the following skills and attributes in our coaching team:
- Adherence to the selection process, with a particular emphasis on communication with players and fellow coaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to responding to player feedback and an appreciation for the importance of a positive learning environment.
- Commitment to being respectful towards players, officials and opposition.
- Commitment to contributing to a welcoming and safe club environment for people of all abilities, backgrounds and lifestyles.
Our coaches are required to:
- Commit to the full season (pre-season, regular season and finals) – weeknight trainings and game day either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Attend regular selection and/or coaching meetings.
- Promote a strong club culture, building a strong sense of community.
- Maintain ongoing regular dialogue with the Committees representative/s and coaching group
- Support the transition program from Juniors into Seniors.
Your written application should include:
- Your experience and qualification levels (minimum Level 1 Coaching)
- Why you are passionate about hockey and coaching
- What can you bring to Essendon Hockey and where you want to go with your coaching
Formal contracts will be put in place for the appointment. Remuneration is to be determined.
Alternatively, if you know of someone who is interested in applying, please pass on the details for their consideration and application.