The Hockey Victoria Emerging Program is an elite coaching program for identified Victorian hockey players. Players are identified via Hockey Victoria State teams, Premier League club matches and through selection in the National Futures Program. Participation in the program is by invitation only.
Players are selected according to some or all of the following attributes:
- Past playing record in Victorian State teams
- Current form and performance in recent championships and club matches
- Physical qualities – achievement of minimum standards
- Technical skills
- Set play skills
- Team Orientation
- Psycho-social perspective
- Potential to progress in above areas
- Potential to progress into the VIS and AHL teams
Following the conclusion of the Under 18 & 21 tournaments, a selection panel made up of U18 & 21 Head Coaches, Athlete Development Coordinators and VIS coaches will convene to select the Emerging Squads.
A maximum of 18 players, including goal keepers will be included in each squad. If the selection panel believe the standard of the squad will be compromised by picking 18 players, they have the ability to select less or name a list of players to attend selected sessions via coach invitation only.
If a player is unfinancial with HV they cannot be named in these squads.