The Altona Hockey Club is seeking expressions of interest for the role of head coach, Men’s Premier League for season 2020.
The role is flexible and options to job-share and accommodate individual circumstances will be considered. Altona Hockey Club is one of the longest standing clubs in Men’s Premier League and this is a great opportunity to work with an exciting and talented group including current HC Melbourne players and an experienced leadership group.
Key responsibilities and requirements are outlined below:
- Great communication and team building skills
- Pre-season training (planning, setting goals/targets, practice matches – a strength and conditioning coach is currently in place for 2020 pre-season)
- Team selections
- In-season coaching (match-days and training sessions)
- Maintain a Working with Children Check and compliance with relevant AHC policies
- Reporting to the AHC board & maintaining player relationships
- Assisting with talent identification and recruitment
Written applications should address the following:
- Your interest in the role
- Your recent coaching experience (elite team coaching in particular)
- A copy of your hockey/coaching resume
This role is remunerated.
Please submit applications prior to the 14th of February to Alex Tyrrell, President – Altona Hockey Club at email@example.com.