2020 JSC Update – 1st July

Share this article

Today we were due to make an announcement in relation to the status of the 2020 JSC. Since the Event was postponed in March, we have been working with key stakeholders in an effort deliver the JSC later in 2020 (Term 3 school holidays).

We are still committed to holding the Event, with provisional trials for most Zones on the weekend of 25/26 July. With the announcement of the latest lockdown restrictions in some postcodes, a number of players within two of our Metro Zones may be impacted and may not be able to trial.

To allow us to further assess the impact of these lockdown restrictions and any subsequent advice we receive from the relevant authorities, we are delaying our confirmation on whether the JSC will take place in 2020.

A statement will now be released by COB Monday 6th July outlining our position on whether or not the 2020 JSC proceeds and if necessary, further details about alternate trial arrangements for the impacted Zones.

In the meantime, if you wish to view the provisional trial details for your Zone please click here. Nominations will open when a final decision is reached on the Event.